Delicious witch fingers for Halloween, the terrifying night of the year, a recipe to prepare at home. Are you ready? Spend this Halloween eating these terrible fingers and others that we show you in this post of Witch Fingers for Halloween.
Any night can be a special moment to enjoy different gastronomy, but never was a night as magical as Halloween, or we can also think of Samahín for the Celts.
The recipe for witch’s fingers
We leave you this simple recipe that can become a culinary delight, easy to prepare and get that terrifying touch.
That is if you have to consider that for it to look good, it has to rest for a few hours in the refrigerator, so you have to prepare it in time.
- 50 grams of butter
- 30 grams of icing sugar
- 50 grams of regular sugar
- One egg + 1 yolk
- One pinch of salt
- 150 grams Of flour
- Raspberry, strawberry or syrup jam
- When we make a pastry, the butter must be at room temperature so that it is easy to work with it.
- Put it in a bowl with the icing sugar and stir until it is well integrated. It should be a kind of smooth cream. As soon as you have it, add the normal sugar and beat until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Once it is prepared, incorporate a whole egg and the yolk of another and reserve the white.
- Continue beating until it is well incorporated; you will see how it now has a brighter and denser touch.
- Add the previously sifted flour with the salt, and mix with enveloping movements until all the ingredients are combined.
- On a smooth, dry surface, pour the dough and shape it into a ball (do not knead). Put it in a container, cover it well with the film, and leave it for two hours in the fridge.
How to shape fingers
The first fingers will be a training base; consider whether you want them fatter or thinner. You give them a cylinder shape, highlighting a little the shape of the finger at the tip and gently making the drawings of the knuckles with a knife. Remember that the dough can get fat to choose the finger’s thickness.
In a small glass for a little raspberry or strawberry jam, stir it well and with a brush, mark the surface of the finger where you will put the almond that will shape the nail.
Then, place the almond pressing a little, so it is well nailed on a tray previously lined with baking paper.
Put them in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 10 minutes, and that’s it. Another option is not to add the jam until after baking to give the sensation of fresh blood or change it for strawberry syrup; that depends on taste.
So you can see what other options we have, we will show you another way to make this recipe.
Witch fingers for halloween 2022 | another recipe
This other recipe is something more “American”, we could say. We have taken it from an original recipe book for Halloween, perhaps one of the most important celebrations in the United States.
It is somewhat different from the one we explained, although not too much to check. There is nothing like listing ingredients and seeing how they are prepared.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar, one egg
- One teaspoon of almond extract
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of flour
- One teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- One tube of red decoration gel
We take the butter that should already be melted or ready to work with it, the sugar, the egg, the almond extract, and the vanilla extract and pour them into a container.
Everything is beaten with an electric mixer, and once we see a homogeneous mass, we gradually add the flour, the baking powder and the salt, beating continuously.
When we have achieved that the dough is homogeneous, we put it in the refrigerator for between 20 and 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 165 degrees while we take the trays from the oven and grease them so that the dough does not stick once we put it on top.
Remove the dough from the fridge in small amounts. We are taking the amount of 1 heaping tablespoon and pouring it on the paper.
Use the wax paper to roll the dough into a thin finger cookie. Then we place the almonds one by one at the end of each cookie to give the appearance of a long nail.
With the help of a knife, make small cuts in the dough to give the appearance that it is a real finger or as if it had wrinkles.
Once all this is done, put the tray in the oven and cook the cookies until we see that they are a little golden in colour (for about 20 to 25 minutes)
Remove the almond from each cookie, or if you prefer, you can leave them, although we must place a small amount of red decorating gel on the tip.
If you do it with the almond on top, it will be fine, but if you do it by replacing the almond, you will create an effect as if the fingers have blood because someone has pulled out the nails.